As Australia’s leading human rights organisation for legal practitioners we offer:
ALHR assists legal professionals to continue to develop their knowledge of human rights law and incorporate human rights principles into their areas of legal practice in Australia. We offer members a diverse range of unique professional development opportunities.
Members have access to:
- CLE courses
- Monthly national and State newsletters to keep members abreast with the latest developments in human rights law in Australia.
- Exclusive access to a significant library of submissions on human rights issues.
- The opportunity to participate in high level research projects on human rights issues.
- Mentoring opportunities for young lawyers and law students interested in pursuing a career in human rights practice.
- Extensive networking and collaborative opportunities for legal professionals in the developments in human rights law in Australia.
- Members have the opportunity to impact State and federal legislation through work on submissions and our topic specific subcommittees.
- The chance to work on amicus curiae applications and submissions to United Nations human rights treaty bodies.
- opportunities to participate in law reform, advocacy and media.
- ALHR provides education, training and resources to legal professionals and legal businesses in order to facilitate the conduct of legal practice in a manner which respects recognised international business and human rights principles.